- When you post a work note on an incident in ServiceNow, the comment appears in the linked Situation. Conversely, when you post on a Situation Room thread, the integration updates the linked ServiceNow incident with the comment.
- In Situation views, the Incident column contains a direct link to the incident in ServiceNow.
See the ServiceNow documentation for details on ServiceNow components.
Before You Begin
The ServiceNow integration has been validated with ServiceNow London, Kingston and Jakarta. Before you set up your ServiceNow integration:
- Note the URL of your ServiceNow incident management instance.
- Verify that ServiceNow and Moogsoft AIOps can communicate over port 443.
Configure the ServiceNow Integration
You can configure the ServiceNow integration in Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click ServiceNow in the Ticketing section to open the ServiceNow integration.
Follow the instructions to create an integration name and supply the connection information for ServiceNow.
If your Moogsoft AIOps is installed on-prem and does not have a direct connection to ServiceNow, configure the proxy settings for the ServiceNow Moobot in the REST.V2 module.
The ServiceNow Moobot is located at
See the ServiceNow proxy example in REST.V2 for more details.
Configure a ServiceNow MID Server
See Configure a ServiceNow MID Server for instructions.
Configure the integrations user and XML update set for ServiceNow:
- Download the XML update set file.
- In the ServiceNow UI, import the update set and open it. Refer to the ServiceNow documentation for detailed instructions.
- Preview the update set. The preview attempts to load and fails with an error similar to "Preview problems for Moogsoft AIOps. To commit this update set you must address all problems". Close the message to view the list of preview problems.
- Select all preview problems and then accept the remote update.
- Commit the update set. Ignore the dictionary error that appears and proceed with the commit.
- To verify that the update is successful, type 'moogsoft' into the filter navigator and confirm that the Moogsoft AIOps Integration update set is displayed.
- Create an integration user in ServiceNow named moogint and assign it the following roles:
- mid_server: Allows the MID server to access protected tables.
- x_moogs_incident_m.import: Allows Moogsoft AIOps to synchronize work notes and resolutions.
- x_moogs_incident_m_properties_user: Allows the ServiceNow user to edit Moogsoft AIOps event properties.
- incident_manager: Allows the auto-assign feature to assign new incidents to the logged in user.
Locate 'Moogsoft AIOps Properties' using the filter navigator in ServiceNow and edit the properties as follows:
Property Name Value ServiceNow User
MID Server Select your MID server. Thread Name
Outbound REST Retry Count The number of times to attempt a Moogsoft AIOps Graze API call. Default is 3. Moogsoft AIOps Instance Name Host name or IP address of the machine where Moogsoft AIOps is installed. Close Situation in Moogsoft AIOps Enable to automatically close a Situation when you close the associated ticket in ServiceNow. Disabled by default. Moogsoft AIOps User Name Username of Graze user. Moogsoft AIOps User Password Password of Graze user. Session Token Authentication token received from Graze API. Do not change.
After you complete the ServiceNow configuration, you can select Open ServiceNow Ticket from the right-click menu for an open Situation in Moogsoft AIOps to raise an associated ServiceNow ticket.