You can install an xMatters integration to enable bidirectional communication between Moogsoft AIOps and xMatters. The integration allows you to send notifications to users and groups in xMatters about alerts, invitations and Situations. You can close Situations to close associated events in xMatters. See xMatters Workflow.
You can also comment on xMatters events for them to appear on associated Situation Room comment threads in Moogsoft AIOps. See the xMatters documentation for more information.
Before You Begin
The xMatters integration has been validated with xMatters v. 5.5. Before you set up your integration:
- Create an xMatters user with administrator privileges.
- Create an xMatters API user with the REST Web Service User role.
- Create users in xMatters with the same names as the users in Moogsoft AIOps.
- Set up groups in xMatters with the same names as the teams in Moogsoft AIOps.
- Download the Moogsoft AIOps-xMatters Communication Plan.
- Go to Communication Plans and import the xMatters-AIOps Communication Plan zip file. After you import the plan, it is enabled.
- Click Edit and select Integration Builder from the drop-down list.
- Edit the Inbound Integrations and enable Engage Group, Engage User and Engage Group (Alert Based).
- Click each setting and set the authentication method to 'Basic Authentication'.
- Note down the URL under 'How to trigger the integration' for Engage Group, Engage User and Engage Group (Alert Based).
Configure the Integration
Configure the xMatters integration in Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click xMatters in the Collaboration section.
Follow the instructions to create an integration name and supply connection information for xMatters.
If you enable Automatically Engage Team, a Situation posted to the team sends a notification to the xMatters group with the same name. The Moogsoft AIOps team name must match the xMatters group name in order for this to work.
To configure xMatters, follow the steps below:
- Go to Communication Plans
- Click Edit and select Access Permissions and add the xMatters API user created above.
- Click Edit and select Forms, for each entry click Web Service - Sender Permissions and add the xMatters API user.
- Edit the Communication Plan and select Integration Builder from the drop-down list.
- Assign the xMatters endpoint to the xMatters API user associated with the communication plan.
Create a new Endpoint using the following fields:
Field Value Name MoogsoftAIOps Trust self-signed certificates Set as appropriate. Base URL<your xMatters integration URL> Authentication Basic Username
Username of Graze user selected above. Default is 'Graze API User'.
Password Password of Graze user selected above. Preemptive True
- Save the changes.
After you complete the xMatters configuration, Moogsoft AIOps notifications from xMatters about invitations, alerts and associated Situations.