You can install the Zenoss integration to enable Moogsoft AIOps to collect event data from one or more Zenoss systems.
See the Zenoss documentation for details on Zenoss components.
Before You Begin
The Zenoss integration has been validated with Zenoss v4.2. Before you start to set up your integration, ensure you have met the following requirements for each Zenoss server:
- You have the URL of the Zenoss server.
- You have credentials to connect to the Zenoss server.
- The port for your Zenoss server is open and accessible from Moogsoft AIOps.
- Your Zenoss server is able to accept HTTP/ HTTPS requests.
Optionally you can provide the following:
- A filter of the event severities you want to fetch from the Zenoss server.
- A filter of the event states you want to fetch from the Zenoss server.
- A request interval and retry interval time in seconds. Defaults to 60 seconds.
- An overlap time in seconds to ensure Moogsoft AIOp does not miss any valid events. Defaults to 10 seconds.
- The length of time to wait for a request to complete before timing out. Defaults to 120 seconds.
You can add additional Zenoss servers to meet your requirements.
Configure the Zenoss Integration
You can configure the Zenoss integration in Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click Zenoss in the Monitoring section.
Follow the instructions to create an integration name and supply the connection information for the Zenoss.
See Configure the Zenoss LAM for advanced configuration information.
You do not need to perform any integration-specific steps on your Zenoss systems. After you configure the integration, it polls your Zenoss servers at regular intervals to collect messages (every 60 seconds by default).
If the integration fails to connect to one or more Zenoss sources, Moogsoft AIOps creates an alert and writes the details to the process log. Refer to the Logging details for LAMs and integrations for more information.