You can install a Slack integration to send messages from Moogsoft AIOps to a specified Slack channel.
The integration sends HTTP posts with a JSON payload including the message text to a Slack incoming webhook. By default the integration sends notifications for new Situations, comments and invitations. You can also manually send a message about an alert or Situation.
See the Slack documentation for details on Slack components.
Before You Begin
Before you start to set up your Slack integration, ensure you have met the following requirements:
- You have a Slack account with administrator privileges for the Slack workspace.
- You have created a Slack channel for incoming messages from Moogsoft AIOps.
Configure the Slack Webhook
These instructions offer the basic information you need to configure the Slack webhook. For more help on incoming webhooks, see the Slack documentation.
Launch Slack Administration and go to the App Directory.
Add an incoming webhook and select the Slack channel to receive messages from Moogsoft AIOps.
- You can use the default webhook name, icon and descriptive label or edit the settings to meet your requirements.
Copy the Slack webhook URL.
Configure the Slack Integration
Configure the Slack integration in Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click Slack in the Collaboration section.
Follow the instructions to create an integration name.
After you complete the configuration, Moogsoft AIOps sends notifications to Slack about new Situations, comments and invitations.