To integrate with Atlassian JIRA Software, enter your JIRA information in the form below.
After you complete the integration you can create and update a JIRA Software ticket from an open Moogsoft AIOps Situation. You can enable auto-assign so new JIRA issues created from Moogsoft AIOps are automatically assigned to the logged in user. See JIRA Software Integration Workflow for more information.
See the JIRA documentation for information on JIRA components.
Before You Begin
The JIRA Software integration has been validated with JIRA Software v. 7 and JIRA Cloud. Before you start to set up your JIRA Software integration, ensure you have met the following requirements:
- You have the URL for your JIRA Software installation.
- You have created an integration user in JIRA Software with access to the project where the system opens issues.
- You have the username and password for the JIRA Software integration user.
- The project type is either Basic Software Development (also called Bug Tracking in some versions), Scrum or Kanban.
- If you want to enable auto-assign, you have created user accounts with the same names in both Moogsoft AIOps and JIRA Software.
Configure the JIRA Software Integration
Configure the JIRA Software integration in Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click JIRA Software in the Ticketing section.
Follow the instructions to create an integration name and enter the other details relating to your JIRA instance.
JIRA Software Configuration
Log in to JIRA to create the webhook to send event data. For more help, see the JIRA documentation.
- Open the JIRA site administration console and create a webhook.
Add a name, set the status to 'Enabled' and enter the URL for this integration:
Field Value Name Moogsoft Webhook Status Enabled URL
URL of your Webhook
- Select only 'updated' issues and 'created' comments as your webhook events.
After you complete the JIRA Software integration, you can right-click a Situation and select Open JIRA Issue from the contextual menu. Moogsoft AIOps maintains a link to the JIRA ticket and updates it with your comments and status changes.
This integration prefixes JIRA tickets with 'Moogsoft AIOps Situation [number]'. Do not remove this prefix as it is needed to synchronize comments, status changes and descriptions.
You may have to wait up to a minute for the bi-directional endpoint to configure itself.