The Email integration allows you to retrieve email messages from one or more mail servers and send them to Moogsoft AIOps as events.
Refer to the Email LAM Reference to see the integration's default properties. When you use the integrations UI, you can only configure the visible properties.
If you want to implement a more complex Email LAM with custom settings, see Configure the Email LAM.
Before You Begin
Before you set up your Email integration, ensure you have met the following requirements:
- You know the details of the mail sources:
- host name or IP address
- username and password
- name of messages folder
- You know the protocol used by your mail servers: IMAP, IMAPS, POP3, or POP3S.
- The port for your mail servers are open and accessible from Moogsoft AIOps.
- You know whether the body of the incoming email messages contain JSON.
If your mail servers use SSL (POP3 or POP3S protocol) the integration looks for SSL keys and certificates with the default names and locations outlined in the Email LAM Reference. If your details are different, see Configure the Email LAM instead of using the integration.
The Email integration does not support Outlook 365. Microsoft do not recommend configuring Outlook 365 with IMAP or POP. See Microsoft support information for more details.
Optionally you can configure the following:
- Mark emails as read, delete on retrieval, remove HTML tags or treat emails as JSON.
- Only retrieve emails from specific addresses or senders or to specific recipients.
- Only retrieve emails containing certain words.
- Add additional mail servers.
- Set a request interval and retry interval time in seconds. Defaults to 60 seconds.
- Set the length of time to wait for a request to complete before timing out. Defaults to 120 seconds.
Configure the Email Integration
Configure the Email integration in Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click Email in the Monitoring section.
Provide the connection details to create the integration.
You do not need to perform any integration-specific steps on your email systems. After you configure the integration, it polls your mail servers at regular intervals to collect messages (every 60 seconds by default).
If the integration fails to connect to one or more email sources, Moogsoft AIOps creates an alert and writes the details to the process log. Refer to the Logging details for LAMs and integrations for more information.