You can install the Apache Kafka integration to enable the system to collect event data from Kafka. After you have installed and configured the Kafka Integration, Kafka will push messages to the integration for the subscribed topic(s).
See the Kafka documentation for details on Kafka components.
Before You Begin
The Kafka integration has been validated with Kafka v0.9 and 1.1. Before you start to set up your Kafka integration, ensure you have met the following requirements:
- You have the URL for your Kafka system.
- The port for your Kafka broker is open and accessible from Moogsoft AIOps.
- You know the name of the topics for the system to subscribe to.
- You have the group ID of the consumer group.
- If you want to fetch events from specific topics in the Kafka broker, you know the names of these topics.
Configure the Kafka Integration
You can configure the Kafka integration in Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click Kafka in the Monitoring section.
Follow the instructions to create an integration name and supply the connection information for Kafka.
See Configure the Kafka LAM for advanced configuration information.
You do not need to perform any integration-specific steps on your Kafka system. After you configure the integration, it polls Kafka at regular intervals to collect event data from the subscribed topics (every 60 seconds by default).