You can enable bidirectional communication between Moogsoft AIOps Situation Rooms and ServiceNow incident management. After you complete the integration, the two systems keep information synchronized so that all appropriate users can view critical details as follows:
- You can right-click a Situation to Open ServiceNow Ticket to create a ServiceNow incident linked to the Moogsoft AIOps Situation.
- When an operator posts a work note on an incident in ServiceNow, the integration updates the Situation with the comment. Conversely, when you add a post to a thread in a Situation Room, the integration updates the linked ServiceNow incident with the comment.
- In Situation views, the Incident column has a direct link to the Incident in ServiceNow.
See the ServiceNow documentation for details on ServiceNow components.
Before You Begin
Before you set up your ServiceNow integration:
- Install the Moogsoft app from the ServiceNow Store on your ServiceNow instance.
- Create integration user in ServiceNow named
moogintand assign it the following roles:
• mid_server - allows the MID Server to access protected tables.
• x_moogs_incident_m.import - allows the app to synchronize work notes and resolutions in Moogsoft AIOps.
• x_moogs_incident_m_properties_user - allows the ServiceNow user to edit the app's properties.
• incident_manager - allows auto-assign feature to assign new incidents to the logged in user.
- On-premises only: Install a ServiceNow MID server named
MOOG_MID. See Install a ServiceNow MID Server.
For SaaS, the integration automatically includes a MID server named
MOOG_MID. See the step for validating and upgrading the MID server under Configure ServiceNow.
- Note the URL of your ServiceNow Incident Management instance.
- Verify that ServiceNow, the MID Server, and AIOps can communicate over port 443.
Configure the ServiceNow Integration
You can configure the ServiceNow integration in Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Click ServiceNow in the Ticketing section to open the ServiceNow integration.
Follow the instructions to create an integration name and supply the connection information for ServiceNow.
To complete the integration in ServiceNow, configure the connection to Moogsoft AIOps as follows:
- If you are running SaaS, validate and, if necessary, upgrade the MID server named
MOOG_MIDfrom the ServiceNow UI. The integration installs the lowest supported version of the MID. Therefore, after the mid server establishes a connection to ServiceNow, you must manually verify you have the correct version. See the the ServiceNow docs for instructions on how to upgrade a MID server.
- Search for 'Moogsoft AIOps Properties' in ServiceNow.
Configure the properties to match your Moogsoft AIOps configuration.
Property Name Value ServiceNow User
Outbound REST retry count The number of retries to attempt an AIOps Graze API call. Moogsoft AIOps username
Username of Graze user
Moogsoft AIOps password
Password of Graze user
Moogsoft AIOps instance name Host name or IP address of the machine where AIOps is installed. When the MID Server is on the same machine as AIOps, you can use
Session Token Do not change Close Situation in Moogsoft AIOps Enable to automatically close Situations in AIOps when you close the associated ticket in ServiceNow.
After you complete the ServiceNow configuration, you can select Open ServiceNow Ticket from the right-click menu for an open Situation in Moogsoft AIOps to raise an associated ticket. The diagram below shows how data flows between ServiceNow tickets and Situations: