You can add configurable third-party plugin tabs to the Situation Room which, for example, could link to a ServiceNow incident that is mapped to the Situation in question.
AIOps requires a
custom_info column to enable the Situation Room Plugin.
The Show ServiceNow Incident in the Situation Room check box in System Administration, Integrations, ServiceNow adds the plugin automatically
Conditional, based on contents of a field being present in the situation (if the field is left empty, the plugin will be disabled)
- Universal for all Situations
link_definitioncan also have the same use cases:
- Conditional, taking attributes of the situation and passing to the linked application
- Generic, passing no details about the situation
The moogdb.sitroom_plugins table has the following columns:
- the title
- its associated Situation field (from the moogdb.sigs table and can be custom_info.<blah>)
- the link_definition to use
Assuming Situation 14 had already been linked with ServiceNow Incident INC0000055 using the following SQL:
Enable a ServiceNow tab in the Situation Room
1. Define a link_definition to point to the ServiceNow URL, and use the
$value dynamic placeholder to be replaced with the incident number when launched.
2. Add an entry into the sitroom_plugins table to define:
- the tab
- the Situation field to be used for
If desired, you can define multiple plugin tabs (with unique title) using the same or different Situation fields.
You must configure the browser to allow third party cookies from these URLs, otherwise, remote websites may not display within the tab area. To do this, either enable third-party cookies globally, or, allow the specific URLs to set third party cookies as exceptions.
Configure ServiceNow using the UI. See the Integrate ServiceNow section in ServiceNow for details.